Scroll down

Find a home

As a new student, the housing situation in Lund can seem hopeless. Many students choose to live in accommodation, outside Lund or second-hand for one or a few semesters. As Lund is a good city for cycling, you don't need to live in the city centre to get to and from your accommodation easily. The important thing to remember is to get in the housing queue as soon as possible, in order to have a chance of finding your own accommodation in Lund.


AF Bostäder manages more than 6,000 housing units and is the largest student housing company in southern Sweden.
As a tenant or tenant in waiting, you must be a member of Studentlund and a member of the Academic Association.

AF Bostäder is customer-focused and the foundation is run with a long-term perspective, reinvesting profits in the business to ensure a stable future. At the start of each semester, AF Bostäder aims to help a large proportion of newcomers in their search for housing, whereupon they organise a lottery of waiting times in their housing queue in which you as a newly accepted student to Lund University can participate. Together with AF Borgen AB and the Academic Association, AF Bostäder forms the AF family.

Please visit the AF Bostäders website

If you have any questions, please contact the AF Bostäders service centre. For more general questions, you can contact the housing ombudsman. You can find contact details on the AF Bostäders website.

Stay at Nation

All of Studentlund's nations have accommodation in their nation houses in the form of corridor rooms and apartments. Living in a nation is a fun and social way to live, especially if you are interested in getting involved in nation life!

The easiest way to get housing varies from nation to nation, but many nations give priority in their housing queues to committed members in the form of workers, supervisors and civil servants. Some nations also give novices the option of priority in the housing queue.

Contact the Studentlunds nations for more information about their housing options!

BoPoolen is a housing agency run by Lund University Student Unions (LUS). Via the website, private individuals can advertise for the rental of apartments, rooms and sofas. It is free to advertise, and BoPoolen has no queuing system or fees.

BoPool's goal is to help students at Lund University find housing by helping them find ads from landlords for short- or long-term rentals. To ensure the quality of the ads, they are reviewed before publication. Unsuitable ads or unreasonable conditions are not accepted. Safety and security is a priority for BoPoolen.

The website also contains useful information on rental agreements, subletting laws and regulations, and BoPool's contract proposals in English and Swedish. These draft contracts facilitate agreements between tenants and landlords.

If you have any questions or need help with advertising or rental law issues, you are welcome to contact BoPoolen by email or phone 0704-56 11 87.

National registration, housing benefit and home insurance

Once you have found a place to live, it is important that you register there. This is so that you can apply for housing benefit, which you can only do in the municipality where you are registered. You can change your address via the Swedish Tax Agency when you move. The Tax Agency has no such cooperation with any private company and by law only the Tax Agency can be notified of a change of address in the population register. It is also free of charge! Go to where you can find information on student registration.

The quickest and easiest way to change your civil registration is via the Tax Agency's e-service on the website. Swedish Address Change offers a paid service for time-limited forwarding. This service is not mandatory.